Saturday, June 18, 2011

May Crafts!

So as I was going through all my pictures I think I am realizing why I seemed to have no time at all in May. Here are some of the projects that I managed in the month of May. Guess all these projects plus two kids, 4 pets, a pool, husband and a house keeps a girl busy. Sad thing is I enjoy all the crafts so much I wouldn't have it any other way!!

This is the start of a birdbath that Mallory made for my Mom for Mother's Day, it turned out awesome and she did everything except the grouting by herself!


The finished product before grouting!


All cleaned up and ready to give to Grandma!

For Teacher Appreciation week our class collected gift cards for Mrs. Morrow and I made these little flower holders to make a gift card bouquet.
Here is the finished product! We had great parent participation on this gift, I was amazed at all the great gifts she received!!
Here is the cover to the memory books that I made for each of the students in Mal's class!
Assembling the books!
Water bottles I made for Mallory's class I printed a class picture on waterproof labels and found $.99 water bottles at Michaels.
Posters we used for their graduation party. My Friend Janette took pictures of all the kids in cap and gown. I took those pictures printed them 8x10 and put them on foam. During art project time I had the kids go around and write kids words about their friends. They were able to take them home after the party.
I also wrote their names in puffy paint and put a couple of 2011 graduation stickers.
I also wrote their names in puffy paint on sacks for their memory books, water bottles, and an awesome DVD with slide show that included baby pictures of all the students and then the current cap and gown picture as well as pictures of the class throughout the year.
Solar cooker for a class project for Mallory. Was to be used to cook smores!
The back side of the cooker, Mallory didn't just want to leave it looking ugly:)
Cupcake jars for some of the staff at Mallory's school. We baked cupcakes put them in the jars layered with icing and then put a piece of fabric and a cute little note on top!
Mallory came up with this cute little note all on her own!! Love that my daughter enjoys being crafty with me!
She took 24 jars and handed them out to all the office and library staff, all of her former teachers, etc. too many to say goodbye to.
Treat bags for Mick's spring party.

I know I have forgotten a few things but this is enough:)

**** Additional note, I just had to come back and add that on my birthday we got to cook 26 packages of hotdogs in a lovely storm for Mallory's class, always something fun going on over here!

2 comments:

Janette said...

Love all of the crafts/projects you did, but most of all I loved being a part of many of them with you (or at least the events that these projects were for) -- our last year together *snif*!!

Kim said...

You have certainly been a busy lady! No surprise that everything turned out super cute. I saw the idea for the bird bath in a magazine. It looked really cute, but I haven't had time to work on one. My mom would love it.

I missed doing all those cute projects for school the second half of the year, but I did spend my time doing other projects...like painting lots of softball helmets!