Sunday, September 19, 2010

Kansas State Fair

Last Saturday we loaded up the kids and headed to the state fair. I hadn't been in a couple of years and Mick had never been. The weather happened to be perfect and we all had a wonderful time. We looked at all of the livestock and 4-H buildings and then had lunch and ended the day with a few games. Everyone had a great time and Mallory even asked for us to all go back next year!!
Pig showing, it is hard for me to believe this was once my husband many years ago showing and then also as a judge!
The butter sculpture.
Mallory and Chris at lunch. We opted out of the greasy fair food and found an indoor eating area and shared some pizza. Although we did see the fried Oreo's, fried Twinkies and many other interesting food.
Mallory throwing darts and winning a prize.
Love the hat she picked out!
Mick with all of his prizes and ready to go home!

2 comments:

Kim said...

It was fun running into you guys at the fair. I've always enjoyed seeing the 4-H exhibits. Probably because I was in 4-H for 7 years. My kids really enjoyed the fair too.

Janette said...

Looks like fun! I haven't been to the fair since Logan's 2nd grade field trip lol!! Looks like Mallory is set for the next hat day at school :)!!