Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My First Post of 2010

I can't believe that it is January 19th and I am just now writing my first post of the year! Shame on me, couldn't be because we have been super busy. Seems like our year has gotten off to kind of a rocky start. I have had some problems with my teeth, had one chip off and had to get that filled and while getting that filled they noticed another old filling was decaying so I ended up with a root canal and a crown, lucky me! Mallory has been doing great so far, she got straight A's on her report card and is back playing tennis once a week and her social schedule keeps us on the go all the time. Mick is just Mick, wild as ever and keeping me on my toes. We are still doing many appointments and assessments trying to get into a pre-school that will help him with his speech. I have never filled out so much paper work in my life. I have a plan and it is a long plan but hopefully it will all fall into place. I will keep you all up to date on Mick! Chris has been busy working and watching football and basketball, ISU played in a bowl game on New Years Eve and won, they don't seem to be doing so hot in Basketball but we (Amy) did enjoy a nice KSU win against Texas last night. Two weekends ago Mallory attended another art class and once again came home with a wonderful addition to our art collection!
Mallory's wonderful winter scene.
Mick's cute art from Mom's Day Out!

As a Mom I can never have enough original art work from my children!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Glad to hear that things are at least starting to fall into place. It just seems like 2010 just started with many problems for many people. I hope that you can find the perfect preschool for Mick. With each day that passes, I wonder if I need to start having Kaleb tested for speech too.

Like you, I love kids artwork. It's so refreshing and fun. I'd fill my whole house with it if Kris would just let me!

Janette said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE both of the kids' artworks, but especially Mallory's painting! Jenn Kern is so fantastic! I wish I could afford (and had the time) to put both boys in every single one of her classes. Like you, I could line my walls with those!! Right now, I have them lined up on my dresser because I'm not sure where to hang them. I was thinking in the basement but since that's the play area, I don't want anything to happen to them!

Hope the rest of your year goes smoother -- and I hope you find just the right preschool for Mick! Regardless of what the preschool has to offer and/or if he gets caught up to the other kids like the "schools say he should" -- I know for a fact you are doing a GREAT job with him. The schools love to put all of the kids in the same "be at this stage by this age" category! I have never felt so helpless in my life when we were told in a large meeting that Logan would be held back in 1st grade if he didn't begin to talk. Hang in there! You are a great mom and an awesome friend!! :)