This past Tuesday we celebrated my Grandpa's 86th Birthday! My Grandpa and Mary Frances are normally in California right now but Mary found out she has Thyroid Cancer and they are waiting to see when she can get into Mayo Clinic. I am so lucky to have my Grandparent's still around and love it that my kids get to spend time with them. Glad we got to celebrate Grandpa's birthday with him just wish it were under different circumstances!
Mallory and Grandpa.

Grandpa opening a Snoopy card from Mallory, we are HUGE Snoopy fans in our family!
2 comments:
I'm glad that you had the chance to celebrate such a huge milestone. While you would rather the circumstances be different, I'm sure that your grandpa was thrilled to be able to spend time with family.
That is so awesome! I miss having any grandparents tremendously -- but especially now that I'm married and have children of my own. I never got to share my own kids with any of my grandparents and that always makes me sad when I think about it. I'm sure your grandpa was thrilled to get to celebrate his birthday with each of you this year, although I'm sure it was bittersweet due to the reason they are still here! I hope his wife is able to get into Mayo quickly!!
Post a Comment