Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Egg Fun!

This year I found a fun egg dyeing project for us to do off of a friends Facebook post. It required a little work ahead of time but Mallory and I had a great time making beautiful Easter eggs.
We started with a pile of old neck ties, I found some at the Goodwill and some at TJ Maxx, we cut the ties apart and then wrapped the eggs in the silk ties.
Next we wrapped the eggs in a layer of pillow case fabric and boiled the eggs.
We took the pillow case fabric off and let the eggs cool.
Mallory's favorite part was unwrapping the eggs and seeing how they turned out.
She added a little vegetable oil to make them pretty and shine.
Amazing beautiful eggs!
Another batch, I love all the pastel colors!
Easter morning Mallory arranged them nicely in baskets for display.
All three dozen. She has such a great time it about killed he to have to throw them away. Next year I am going to try and blow the eggs out ahead of time, hope I have lots of time and patience! I do not enjoy blowing out eggs! Hope you enjoyed seeing our Easter project!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I saw that idea on Martha Stewart. It looked like lots of work, but the eggs sure do look beautiful! I love finding new ways of decorating eggs. Too bad I never let my kids decorate them!