Sunday, February 14, 2010

Family Project

A couple of weeks ago Mallory came home from school with a homework assignment. It was titled a "Family Project" now don't get me wrong I love doing projects with Mallory but as if we weren't already busy enough we now had a Valentine's Day box to make for school. The requirements were that the box had to have a 2x7 opening for valentines and must include a simple circuit which was a small light bulb. Mallory came up with a wonderful idea and it was up to me to make this idea work and Chris to make the simple circuit light up and work! She wanted to make a large size box of Sweethearts where one of the hearts on the front lights up. Well after many hours of designing we had our box. Way to go Mallory, it turned out really cute.
The front of the box. The green heart in the lower left hand corner lights up. The large heart in the middle is filled with real large sized candy hearts.
The side with Nutrition facts.
The back of the box. The large heart opens up for Mallory to have access to her simple circuit.
The other side with the Ingredients label.

3 comments:

Kim said...

How cute! I didn't get a chance to look at all the other boxes the other day. In my opinion, Mallory's box should have been the girl's winner any day!

Amy said...

Thanks Kim. Did you know Brooke won and her box was the same one she used last year with the light added!

Janette said...

I agree - Mallory's box should have won the girl's and Alex's box should have won the boys!! Yep -- I, too, noticed Brooke used her box from last year with just an added light-bulb. I've heard that box was originally Brooke's brothers as well! Hmm!

Anyway -- very cute idea for the box! Great job, Mallory (and Chris & Amy)!! :)